Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Caramel Apple Cider






Welcome to October!! As I sit at my kitchen table and writing this first article for October, I am looking at a basket of fresh picked apples. I am going to share with you my favorite Fall recipe for a Fall Caramel Apple Cider drink. This Fall Caramel Apple Cider drink can be served after dinner next a warm fireplace with family and friends or can be used for the up and coming Halloween parties.
I hope you take some time out of your busy weekend schedule and find a apple orchard that you can pick your own farm fresh apples this Fall season.
I have so many Fall recipes that I am going to share with you this month and the main ingredient will be apples of all types.

Enjoy and welcome to October!!
Garrett

Caramel Apple Cider

Ingredients:
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup crown sugar
3 cups fresh pressed apple cider or you can use store bought
1/2 cup water

Caramel Whipped Cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Instructions:
Bring the cream and brown sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the cider and the water and raise the heat to medium high, heating just until the cider begins to steam, about 5 minutes.
You, can divide the caramel apple cider into 4 large mugs, top each one of the mugs with the caramel whipped cream and serve to your guest.

Instructions for Caramel Whipped Cream:
In a small chilled bowl, whip the heavy cream with the brown sugar until soft peaks form and store in a air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment